In This post Describes How to Stop CCleaner Popups Alerts on Windows and Mac. CCleaner is a small program that clears your Windows and Mac Computer of unnecessary files, it can effectively free up disk space as well as fix registry errors, which can result in a boost in Computer Performance. If you have this program installed in your Computer, then you might have noticed that you are getting several alerts from it to perform some actions. These alerts that tell you that a certain amount of disk space can be cleared can sometimes become annoying.
Now for users of CCleaner you might have noticed in recent times, you’re seeing more and more adverts popping up on CCleaner. Unfortunately, a company called Avast bought them out a few years back, and since then, they’ve been plunking adverts for other products on your screen.
Unfortunately, Avast, they’ve got a habit of doing this. When they bought AVG as well, they done the same thing and started plunking ads on the screen. In this post, we will explain you How to Stop CCleaner Popups Alerts on Windows and Mac.
How to Stop CCleaner Popups Alerts
- Open up CCleaner. And once CCleaner is opened, you need to go down to options there on the left hand side and just left click once.
- You move on mouse over Privacy just here. And again, left click once. And then we need to make sure that all these tick boxes here.
- Improvements: Under Improvements, You want to take out the tick next to “Help improve this app on our other products by sharing app usage data with us”.
- Offers: Under Offers, You want to make sure that neither of these have ticks here. So take the tick out of “See possible upgrades and offers for our other products by sharing app usage data with us”. Take the tick out of that and on mine in actual fact, there is no tick beside See offers for third party products by sharing app usage data with us. But if yours has a tick there, then take that too.
- You can Check to click on the Health Check or the Custom Clean button up there to then carry on and you see CCleaner is normal. But If you any problems Check to Health Check or the Custom Clean. Go to Options And then Go to Settings. Make sure there’s a dot just next to “Custom Clean”.
- Smart Cleaning You can to Turn that Off because You don’t want it to automatically start cleaning, All You do is you just untick both of these boxes here. And it comes up with this Warning: Warning – This action is not recommended Smart Cleaning will ensure CCleaner is kept up to date on your computer is as clean as possible. Are you sure you want to do this all?, You do want to Turn this Off.
- Because again, CCleaner will always run in the background if those are switched on. You prefer to not have that many Apps running in the background because that slows the computer down. It’s basically another thing to crash another thing to get in the way of other Apps. So You tend to try and Turn that Off.
How to Stop CCleaner Popups Alerts on Windows
- Open the CCleaner. You can do this from the start menu program list. Click on options. This is located on the left pane with an icon of a gear.
- Click on smart cleaning. This will open the settings for Smart Cleaning. Uncheck the option for Tell me when there are junk files to clean. This will stop the alerts about saving disk space uncheck the option for enable active monitoring. This will prevent you from receiving any alerts from CCleaner.
- Click on yes on the dialog box window that appears. This will save the settings.
How to Stop CCleaner Popups Alerts on Mac
- Open CCleaner for Mac. Click on the Go and then Go to the Applications and Open CCleaner, Click Options.
- Next, Click Smart Cleaning. Uncheck Enable Smart Cleaning. Click Yes to continue.
- Restart computer.