We will be tell you through How to Remove Malware, Adware, Spyware and Virus on Mac. Some people think the Mac’s don’t get malware. In fact, every year more and more Mac viruses are being discovered.
A sudden drop in your max performance or frequent freeze ups pages that you visit get obscured with ads, unexpected Mac crashes or apps launching on their own. Your browser installs suspicious updates automatically. Sounds like your Mac. Okay, here’s what you can do.
Table of Contents
Disk Utility First Aid on Mac
If you are using an older version of Mac OS, this will still work for you.
- Open up the Finder on Mac and once the Finder is open, go up to the top and look for go.
- Go all the way down to utilities and click on it and then from here, you will want to locate the Disk Utility double click to open it.
- Depending on which version of Mac you are using, over here on the left hand side, you’ll just want to go ahead and click on that.
- The option right below Mac. And then you’ll want to come over here and locate the first aid click on first aid. And then before you run this, just make sure that you save and close everything that you’re working on because this will make your computer unresponsive. Once you’ve done that, you want to go ahead and click on Run.
- Next, then it will give you notification and when you’re ready just go ahead and click on Continue.
- Once it has completed the computer will become responsive again and you’ll get a message with a green checkmark just letting you know that it’s corrected any errors that may have found and then you’ll just want to click on done.
Quit Suspicious Apps with Activity Monitor on Mac
Open Activity Monitor, If you suspect one of your apps is a virus, you’ll need to close the app and then root it out from the system processes.
- Open Activity Monitor just type its name in the launchpad
- Next, find the problematic app and the Processes use the X button to Quit the process.
How to Remove Malware on Mac
- Open up your any Web browser and open Malwarebytes website. Now download and install Malwarebytes. Once it installs, it will launch automatically on your Mac. They’re going to recommend the Premium version of Malwarebytes, which We recommend if you get malware reasonably often.
- Go to Finder on Mac and open Malwarebytes.
- Malwarebytes you can go ahead and click on Get Started. you want to use personal computer if you get message just click on maybe later and just click on Get Started.
- Now it does need full disk access. So just like this message says here just go and click on Open preferences.
- Next, Then once here you’ll just want to scroll down to look for where it says full disk and click on it and then you want to look for where it says Malwarebytes now before you can make a change, you will need to click on the padlock and type in your computer password and then click on unlock and then at this point, you can go ahead and add a check for Malwarebytes.
- Next, Then you are just going to click the padlock to save it and then you can close this window and click on Next. And you can just get through all the steps that we just did and click on done.
- Next, you can go ahead and click on scan. Now you’ll just want to let the computer sit there and run the scan until it’s fully completed. If it does detect anything it will list the results and give you the option to remove and quarantine them.
How to Remove Virus on Mac
- Open up your any Web browser and open Avast website. Now download and install Avast.
- You can go ahead and click on the run Deep Scan option. you do have a Deep Scan option. And we do recommend this just because it will do a more thorough scan of your computer, it does take longer, but the results can often be better. go ahead and click on run Deep Scan.
- Once Deep Scan finished. If it detects anything, it will list the results and give you the option to remove and quarantine them.
Malicious Profile Removal on Mac
- The top left corner, click on the Apple icon and then click on System Preferences. And then on menu, what you need to do is look for a category that says Profiles, it’s usually an icon with a check mark.
- If you do not see category, you need to double click on Profile and then selected on the left hand column and then click on the minus sign to remove it.
Garbage File Removal on Mac
You just want to go through and remove all the garbage files off of your Mac computer, follow these steps to do so.
- The top left corner, click the Apple icon and then click on About This Mac from here
- Go ahead and just click on the storage option. And it will take a few moments. But it’s going to give you a breakdown of everything that is on your Mac computer. And please be aware that once your drive passes about 85% full, it will begin to slow down and you will start to experience longer load times.
- If your drive is less than that, if you’re say closer to 20% full, you may want to go ahead and skip this step because you’re not going to see a major improvement in performance. But regardless, those of you who do want to go through and clean out some garbage go in and click on Manage.
- Next, just make sure you have recommendations selected. we do suggest that you go through each of these options here, but especially the Reduce Clutter option, go ahead and click on review files. go through each one of these folders and delete everything that you no longer need.
- You can go ahead and click on the folders and you can just go and click on the move to trash button to delete it.