We are just explain BleachBit vs CCleaner to run through the Differences, Pricing, Supported Devices, Features, Functions that it offers and how it works.
BleachBit is a free open source program you can use to clean garbage data off your computer. it’s a very simple app, and it’s a very good one which will actually clear and free up the space from your computer.
CCleaner was acquired by Avast it’s had multiple issues with hackers. And so some people just don’t feel comfortable using CCleaner anymore, which is understandable. And so we do want to go over an alternative and kind of compare it to CCleaner and the features it offers and how it works.
Table of Contents
BleachBit vs CCleaner
User Review( vote)
User Review( vote)
BleachBit vs CCleaner (Differences)
- BleachBit at the menu here in the top left corner. And we can see right away some of the first options that it gives us is to be able to do a secure file or folder deletion. And CCleaner does offer a somewhat similar option as far as being able to wipe the drives more securely. But it doesn’t give you the option to target a specific file or folder.
- BleachBit Just down the left hand side, preview option which is similar to the Analyze option and CCleaner which will then give a report of what will be cleaned out if go ahead and clean it out.
- CCleaner provides a registry cleaner and BleachBit does not provides a registry cleaner. But a lot of people do not like to clean their registry out, which is understandable because it can cause some problems, but just be aware that that function is not available.
- CCleaner Additionally, if you look under Tools, there is the option to uninstall programs to do for example, a startup audit a lot of these features. Again, you can do these all just in Windows. But if you’re looking for a program that has all of this just in it, where you can clean everything out at once BleachBit is not going to have these additional options.
BleachBit Pricing & Supported Devices
BleachBit is a good program to use, especially if you’re looking for something that’s free and open source and alternative to CCleaner. It’s available for Windows and Linux. If you are on a Linux system, you can use it but if you’re on a Mac using Mac OS, unfortunately it’s not available so you will have to look to other alternatives.
CCleaner Pricing & Supported Devices
CCleaner is a tool for cleaning your PC. This tool was really famous for many years. But now they have introduced the premium version for it. The free version has very less features. CCleaner is available for Mac, Windows and Android.
- CCleaner Professional – $20.96
- CCleaner Professional Plus – $31.46
- CCleaner Professional for Mac – $24.95
- CCleaner Professional save up to 27%
- CCleaner Free 14 Days Trial
Note: Keep in mind that the price of CCleaner varies from time to time.
BleachBit pretty simple and easy to use. And so there are additional options as far as wiping your drive or using a secure delete option. Additionally, Preferences. just make sure that you have the update option selected, you will notice a custom option.
And this is very useful if you want to add a custom file or folder that you want cleaned out routinely. And once you add it here, you just come down here to system and there is a custom option listed right there. And so that is an additional benefit you have here in BleachBit.
You also have a tab for drivers as well as whitelist. In case you want to make sure that there is a folder that never gets touched, which is another added benefit BleachBit.
BleachBit the main interface, we can see all of our options as far as being able to delete various folders and files. And one thing we do like is that it gives a definition here in the middle to let you know what you’re selecting and what’s going to be cleared out. And so these are all the options.
CCleaner Features: CCleaner Free and CCleaner Professional.
CCleaner Free Edition only comes with standard privacy protection and standard cleaning those are the two only options that you get with a free version.
- CCleaner Professional side however you do get the two Features that are included in the free version.
- PC health check
- Update Apps to reduce security risk
- Complete Cleaning
- Keeps your browsing history private
- Detects and removes internet trackers
- keeps you from running out of space
- Priority customer support